The SMS mission is to help clients solve complex business problems by providing innovative and cost-effective IT solutions, designed and implemented by our highly skilled and certified work force. SMS strives for excellence, so our clients achieve cost-effective and innovative solutions, according to proposed schedules.
With an emphasis on agile processes and best practices, SMS provides full life cycle solutions—from software development, systems integration, and project management to O&M.SMS provides the technical experience and expertise of a large company, yet we are “right-sized” for agility and responsiveness. SMS delivers reliability with fewer layers of overhead that typify many large prime contractors. We bring the agility, nimbleness, and flexibility of a small business with the sustainability, reliability, and scalability potential of a large business. As a vendor neural systems integrator, SMS provides products and technology that is most suited for our client’s needs, environment, and life-cycle objectives.
- Data Science and Analytics: Data modeling, governance, and interoperability to support enterprise business process management, machine learning and artificial intelligence. IBM, SAP, Bizagi, ESRI, Tableau solutions.
- Cloud Services: Readiness/suitability assessments, analysis of alternatives (AoA), and managed services.
- System Engineering and Application Development: CMMI Maturity Level 4 – quantitatively managed, agile process management, low/no code iBPM, geographic information systems (GIS), artificial intelligence, machine learning, and robotic process automation (RPA).
- System Sustainment and Operations & Maintenance (O&M): 360-degree security, engineering, and operational support for systems, applications, mobile devices, and cloud infrastructure.
- Enterprise Program Management: provides enterprise wide support on governance, project portfolio management, best practices, mentoring, tools, compliance, and standardized processes.
- Identity and Access Management Solutions: Architecture and management of Identity Credential Access Management (ICAM) solutions with Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card authentication and administer the largest implementation of Oracle Identity Access Management in the federal government.
- Data Science and Analytics: For Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), SMS works closely with the agency in its efforts in disaster relief and emergency response protocols that affect our nation. SMS delivers custom solutions for both man-made and natural hazards, covering all realms including mitigation planning, emergency planning, first response, regulatory policies and catastrophe modeling. We modernize and maintain FEMA’s Hazards U.S.-Multiple Hazards (Hazus-MH) software as part of the Risk MAP Program using GIS-based spatial and analytics methodologies to conduct algorithmic predictive analytics to forecast hazard risks. Our accurate risk analysis was used by Alaska Governor Dunleavy in his Official Request to the White House following the 2018 7.1-magnitude Alaskan Earthquake.
- Digital Process Automation: The National Institute of Health, (NIH) National Eye Institute (NEI), desired streamlining of administrative functions that support the Institute’s budgetary and on-boarding activities. Using Bizagi’s intelligent business process management (iBPM) platform, SMS utilized our OnTarget Agile/Scrum methodology to develop and deploy NEI’s Bizagi applications on a shared services platform. Our project management framework guided the upfront architecture and planning work, approach and scope, iterative development cycles and user acceptance testing before releasing the product into production. Our solution enabled NEI to rapidly identify, design, develop, test, deploy, operate, and support critical business process management applications to improve the efficiency, transparency, and reliability of key administrative functions such as budget requests, on-boarding logistics, and other human resource-related processes.
- Enterprise Automated Test Framework – The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) required an automated test framework, aligned with agile development processes, to standardize the testing process through the use of a shared code base. SMS designed and implemented an automated test framework aligned with agile development standards. Our test framework was built on the IBM RFT platform and operates on a three-tier architecture consisting of: Automation Core Tier, Middle Tier, and Test Script Tier. It supports regression, unit, functional, and system integration testing. The core framework supports all VA application platforms, including Web, Delphi, CRM, and VB6 while minimizing code duplication. Our solution improved efficiency and capability through repeatable processes and guidelines to modularize scripts, create end-to-end education scripts, create reusable scripts, and standardize testing approaches across functions.
- Identity Access Management – The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) required the development of a new, comprehensive, scalable architecture for identity access management. The architecture had to be broadly applicable to various application environments and user communities. The process needed to be highly automated to eliminate the significant labor associated with documentation and training. SMS re-engineered the DLA’s legacy SUN based Account Management Provisioning System (AMPS) to Oracle’s Identity Management suite. AMPS integrates nearly 200 DLA and DFAS systems, involving more than 200,000 world-wide users. The system automates the access control and provisioning process through role-based access control (RBAC) which automates account access based on roles and segregation of duties (SoD).
- Cloud Integration/Migration Services – The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) runs thousands of small business applications across hundreds of legacy servers across the country. Access to these systems was being hampered by the increase in user base. DLA was presented with two options: 1. Migrate all applications and systems to a larger, more consolidated data center in Dayton OH 2. Migrate all applications and systems to the MilCloud (Amazon Web Services). SMS supported the migration, application support, monitoring, security engineering, testing and cloud migration to over 30 Extended Business Applications (EBA). SMS provide Cloud Security, Migration, Application Coding and Maintenance experts, co-located across several DLA installations. We developed a DLA Cloud Migration Best Practice for legacy applications and systems with EBA, to be used as a cookbook for future cloud-based migrations.
- System Sustainment – The Department of Interior (DOI) Interior Business Center (IBC) is a federal shared services provider offering acquisition, financial management and human resources systems and services. The IBC requires program management, administrative, and technical services to support payroll. SMS provides system engineering and sustainment support of the IBC’s Federal Personnel and Payroll System (FPPS), which is mainframe-based, portable, integrated, on-line, and real-time personnel and payroll system. The FPPS application supports Requesting Office, Time and Attendance (Input and Maintenance), Servicing Personnel Office, Security, and Pay Maintenance commands for federal and state employees. In additional to life-cycle support, SMS develops new architectures, performs legacy system migrations, conducts testing, and supports on-boarding of new federal and state clients to these systems which are accessible through web-based interfaces.
- Software and System Engineering – The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) required software design, system engineering, development and delivery support services to implement version 3.0 (v3) system enhancements to the Emergency Department Integration Software (EDIS) system. EDIS is an extension to VistA/Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS) for tracking and managing the delivery of care to patients in 130 VA hospital Emergency Departments (ED) and 783 Urgent Care Clinics (UCC) and community-based outpatient clinics nationwide. Using agile development, SMS provided program and technical support to incrementally develop, test, nationally release and deliver the EDIS v3 application. The enhancements designed and implemented by SMS improved overall patient safety, cost effectiveness and delivery of emergency medical care to patients.
- US Dept. of Homeland Security
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- US Dept. of Defense
- Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
- Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- US Dept. of Justice
- September 11th Victim Compensation Fund
- US Dept. of Transportation
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
- US Dept. of Health & Human Services
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- US Dept. of Agriculture
- Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS)
- US Dept. of State
- US Dept. of Veterans Affairs
- US Dept. of the Treasury
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- US Dept. of the Interior
- US Agency for International Development
- Federal Communications Commission
Strategic Mission Solutions, LLC (SMS)
202 Church St. SE, #301 Leesburg, VA 20175-3031 .
Strategic Mission Solutions, LLC, is a Small Business, 8(a) Joint Venture between NiyamIT, Inc., and Technatomy Corporation